Saturday, February 03, 2007

Ah cheese


Our friends Roni and Stacey were kind enough to give us a gift certificate to a marvelous place called Steve's Cheese in NW Portland. It's a cool little cheese counter inside Square Deal Wine shop, and this Steve dude knows his cheese. We went in today with Jack in tow (he needs to learn about wine and cheese sometime, right?) and sampled some fantastic stinky cheeses. Right now we're eating the fruits of our labor, including a pate that I think I might get to eat all by myself. Hmm, I'll take one for the team this time. Audrey is at a friend's house and will be dining on homemade pizza this evening. Tomorrow this same friend will travel with us to Hillsboro for my family Superbowl shindig. Should be great.

So in the last two weeks Jack has become somewhat of a celebrity - at least in the adopted baby circuit. We were invited to go to an adoptive parenting class two Saturday's ago and Jack was used as the demonstration baby during the sponge bath tutorial. He screamed through the whole thing, which was a perfect way to show the group of waiting families that babies can scream until they change color and survive. He did, and did. Then today, Rob, Audrey, Jack and I all went to the Catholic Charities Orentation class and gave a little talk about our crazy fast adoption experience. For those of you keeping track we officially become eligable to adopt just about two weeks before we signed papers to take Jack home. Talk about head spinning.

1 comment:

froelica said...

And just WHY was I not informed of this "Steve's Cheese" place?!?! A whole place just for cheese??? *swoon*